The 2014 Run for Research team is no longer accepting charity applications, as the team is full. We are, however, still accepting deferred and qualified applications.
What is Run for Research?
The American Liver Foundation's Run for Research® program is the oldest and one of the largest marathon teams in the Boston Athletic Association's official charity program. For over two decades we have helped thousands of runners compete in the historic Boston Marathon while raising funds for the fight against liver disease.
At the New Runner Orientation, we’ll provide you with an overview of what it’s like to be on the Run for Research team. From fundraising fears, to training snafu’s, we’ve got your questions covered! As an added bonus, you’ll get to meet other new Run for Research team members in your area.
New Runner Orientation
Westin Copley, 10 Huntington Ave, Boston, MA: 6:30pm
New Runner Fun Run
Greater Boston Running Company, 1229 Centre St, Newton, MA: 9:30am
Join us for a 3 mile fun run around Newton Centre and a new runner shoe clinic. Get a feel for our team runs, meet some friendly faces, and have some post-run breakfast....With 20% off for the Run for Research team after the run, it's a perfect time to get your winter training gear!
Summer Shack, 50 Dalton Street, Boston, MA: 6pm
The event you've all been waiting for - the official team kick-off! Come have a drink, mingle with the team, and enter to win some team gear.
- Access to our seasoned coaches
- Training plans catered to specific ability levels
- Saturday team runs Two long runs on the Boston Marathon® course
- Team meetings at the Westin Copley
- Team socials
- Personalized fundraising webpage
- Fundraising workshops and assistance
- Discounted hotel rooms at the Westin Copley Pre-Marathon team brunch celebration
- Luxury buses to the start line Post-Marathon Party
- Post-Marathon complementary showers and massages
- Race day singlet Team gear
Run for Research 2014